What is lynda.com?
lynda.com provides a vast online library of instructional videos covering the latest software, creative, and business skills. Taught by accomplished teachers and recognized industry experts, lynda.com is a high-quality resource for employees looking to develop skills in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, project management, communication, and a wide range of other topics.
How can I get the most out of lynda.com?
Have a look at the playlists of courses approved by ISL for LEUs:
- Keep current on technology and personal-professional development
- Track your individual training progress
- Learn at your own pace—anytime, anywhere
- Receive certificates of completion [OPTIONAL: that you can post on LinkedIn]
- New and updated courses added weekly
- Use bookmarks to indicate favorite videos or courses
- Create and share course playlists
- Download exercise files and practice applying knowledge as you go
- Regular updates posted on the lynda’s RSS feed, email newsletter (subscribe in your profile), Twitter, and Facebook
Indiana library staff can receive complementary access to the entire lynda.com course library, through the Indiana State Library.
- Once you find a course you would like to take, you must fill out the Lynda.com Course Application Form below to acquire access.
- Note that not all lynda.com courses are eligible for LEUs. Approved courses are shown in the Indiana State Library playlists linked above. If you find a course that is not on the list but you would like to have re-evaluated please contact the Certification Consultant at StatewideServices@library.IN.gov.
Where should I start?
View the How to use lynda.com course to learn how to find, access, and view lynda.com courses. This introductory course is worth 1 TLEU.
How can I get help?
Contact lynda.com Customer Service at email@example.com or (805) 477-3900.