LYRASIS is the world’s largest regional membership organization serving libraries and information professionals. LYRASIS provides opportunities for networking and collaboration, presents innovative solutions, and offers significant cost savings through group purchasing for products and services.
Indiana library professionals are welcome to take hundreds of pre-paid live online courses from LYRASIS. LYRASIS courses are taught live online by professional instructors. LYRASIS courses normally cost between $120 and $320, but are available for at no cost. The Indiana State Library purchased hundreds of LEU-certified course units for Indiana library professionals. This offer will last until these units are exhausted and perhaps longer depending on the popularity of the courses.
Please email any questions or feedback about these LYRASIS courses to StatewideServices@library.IN.gov.
Available courses may be viewed through the Lyrasis course catalog (external link). All courses under the “Distance Education” delivery method are taught online with no travel required. You can also find courses by category. Most, but not all, LYRASIS courses are eligible for LEUs.
STEP ONE: PROMO CODE
- Once you find a session and date for your desired course, you must fill out the LYRASIS Course Application Form to access to the required promo code. This code will be provided once the State Library verifies that the individual making the request has no more than four uncompleted classes and less than 10 completed classes in the past twelve months.
STEP TWO: RECEIVE THE CODE & REGISTER
- Upon receiving the promo code, you may register for your LYRASIS course free of charge by following these registration instructions or reviewing this short step-by-step Lyrasis class registration tutorial.
- Select your course through the Lyrasis course catalog (external link).
- Once you have been directed to the course page, locate & click on the “Register” button.
- Be sure the session, date & time you selected is correct & then choose to checkout as a Lyrasis member or non-member.
- Once in the Shopping Cart, enter the course promo code you received over email from ISL staff in the “Promo Code” field and click Apply Promo Code. The Payment Method info should disappear and your total should be $0.00.
- Choose Submit Payment to finalize your class registration.
- PLEASE NOTE: LYRASIS courses are subject to cancellation. Please verify the status of each course via the LYRASIS Searchable Classes & Events Portal.
STEP THREE: MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- LYRASIS class registration deadlines are two weeks prior to each session. Registrations received after the deadline will be accepted as space permits and must be confirmed by calling the LYRASIS office at 800.999.8558. Since each course has been pre-purchased, please register for courses you only plan on attending and set aside enough time to complete each course in its entirety. You will receive a certificate of completion once the course has been completed. Please print a copy of this confirmation of LEUs for your records.