The Indiana State Library is proud to offer kits to help libraries in determining if they should invest in a maker space, a robot or a Virtual Reality program. The kits can be reserved by contacting your Regional Coordinator who will bring the kit to your library. The kit will remain at your library for a period of up to 3 weeks so you can test the various components and determine what would be a good fit for your library. The kits can also be used with patrons.
Contact your Regional Coordinator
Maker Space Kit
Frequently asked questions:
How much does all this cost?
The State Library has complied a list of current prices to be used as a guideline should your library which to purchase any of the components from either kit. Note, this is just a guideline. Retailers will vary.
How do I incorporate these into library programming?
Below are some websites that ISL staff have found valuable.
- Robot Test Kitchen – https://robottestkitchen.com/
- Make It @ Your Library – http://makeitatyourlibrary.org/
- TinkerLab – http://tinkerlab.com/
- Maker Camp – https://makercamp.com/
- Hour of Code’s tutorials & activities – https://hourofcode.com/us/learn
- Scratch – https://scratch.mit.edu/
- Tickle App – download via app stores to mobile devices and tablets
- Code Cademy – https://www.codecademy.com/