What is lynda.com?
lynda.com provides a vast online library of instructional videos covering the latest software, creative, and business skills. Taught by accomplished teachers and recognized industry experts, lynda.com is a high-quality resource for employees looking to develop skills in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, project management, communication, and a wide range of other topics.
- Keep current on technology and personal-professional development
- Track your individual training progress
- Learn at your own pace—anytime, anywhere
- Receive certificates of completion [OPTIONAL: that you can post on LinkedIn]
- New and updated courses added weekly
- All courses offered at lynda.com are approved for LEUs, provided the course lasts longer than 30 minutes
- Use bookmarks to indicate favorite videos or courses
- Create and share course playlists
- Download exercise files and practice applying knowledge as you go
- Regular updates posted on the lynda’s RSS feed, email newsletter (subscribe in your profile), Twitter, and Facebook
Indiana library staff can receive complementary access to the entire lynda.com course library, through the Indiana State Library.
- The first time you find a course you would like to take, you must fill out the Lynda.com Course Application Form below to acquire access.
- All lynda.com courses are eligible for LEUs provided they last longer than 30 minutes. For ease of getting started, the Indiana State Library has several playlists below listing courses that may be relevant to librarians, but you are no longer limited to taking courses that are on our playlists. Just verify that the course is longer than 30 minutes.
- If a course deals with how to use computer software, hardware, an electronic device, mobile apps, or social media the course is eligible for Technology LEUs (TLEUs). All other courses are eligible for general LEUs. If you are not sure whether a course should earn LEUs or TLEUs you may contact the Certification Director, Cheri Harris at ChHarris@library.IN.gov for clarification.
Where should I start?
View the How to use lynda.com course to learn how to find, access, and view lynda.com courses. This introductory course is worth 1 TLEU.
How can I get the most out of lynda.com?
Have a look at the playlists of courses recommended by ISL for LEUs:
How can I get help?
Contact lynda.com Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or (805) 477-3900.