This webinar will focus on free resources available from the Indiana State Library and how you can use them to better serve your patrons with visual or physical disabilities. We will also cover basic assistive technology you can utilize at your library in order to provide a more inclusive library experience.
Date Recorded: 10/19/17
- Indiana State Library – Talking Book & Braille Library
- Assistive Technology: What You Need to Know
- Blindness and Low Vision: What You Need to Know *
- Devices and Aids
- General Resources on Disabilities
- Patrons who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing: What You Need to Know
- People with Mobility Impairments: What You Need to Know *
- Principles of Universal Design
Two of the above links might be for members only (marked with an *). There are instructions on how to get further information on these topics – either an ALA Website Feedback Form or a link to the ALA Librarians.
Format: Archived YouTube Video
Presenter: Maggie Ansty / Indiana State Library