Website Mitchell Community Public Library
Mitchell Community Public Library
Hours Per Week:
Part-time. Day, evening, and weekend shifts required. Non-exempt status.
$10 per hour minimum
The Library Assistant delivers a high level of customer service while assisting the public in accessing library resources and performing specialized tasks related to the circulation of library materials.
The Library Assistant works under the supervision of the library director and/or the library director’s designee.
- Enthusiastically support the library’s mission, vision, and values.
- Understand and follow established library and personnel policies, procedures, and work standards.
- Promote the library’s collection and services in a welcoming, friendly, and helpful manner.
- Project a positive image of the library through behavior and appearance.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with patrons, staff, and the community.
- Utilize the library’s integrated library system (ILS) to perform circulation tasks including (but not limited to) issuing library cards, checking materials in and out, retrieving and re-shelving items, and preparing and processing holds and inter-library loans.
- Proactively assist patrons with equipment and software including computers, printers, and copiers.
- Answer reference questions and demonstrate how to access information in various formats.
- Assist in the development and presentation of programs and services that support the library’s strategic goals.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer and community focus.
- Friendly, courteous, flexible, and accommodating.
- Good judgment and decision-making. Ability to prioritize.
- Enjoys learning as well as teaching.
- Ability to work with others to achieve a common goal. Supportive team player with a positive attitude.
- Poise, tact, and excellent communication skills.
- Interest in literature and other educational/recreational formats.
- Embraces change, promotes new ideas.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience, interest, and skill using new technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with standard software programs.
- Experience working with the public.
Sit, stand, walk, and speak frequently.
Lift, push, or carry weights up to 25 pounds.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org