Continuing education is a vital part of the success of any library professional. The Indiana State Library strives to provide convenient and relevant continuing education workshops both in-person and online.
- Application for LEU Approval
- Archived Webinars and Trainings
- Conference Form
- Current Training Opportunities
- Evergreen Learning Management System
- Face to Face Training by ISL Staff
- ISL’s Online Training Series
- Policies on LEUs
- Preapproved Training Providers
- Professional Development Committee
- Taking Courses from Alison.com or Lynda.com
Face-to-Face continuing education workshops & conferences:
- Meet the ISL Statewide Trainers
- ISL Trainings
- APPROVAL OF LEU OPPORTUNITIES FOR PUBLIC LIBRARIANS: Libraries and other training providers hosting workshops, conferences, or staff days must submit the Application for Library Education Unit Provider (Revised 2014) . Contact StatewideServices@library.IN.gov with questions any time. Please allow up to 30 days for an approval decision.
Indiana State Library Training Policy
To book one of our trainers, please follow this policy: it is recommended that you book an Indiana State Library (ISL) trainer at least three months in advance of your training date. It is impossible to fulfill all requests for training. If a request cannot be fulfilled, we encourage libraries to check the ISL’s Calendar of Events to see if a similar training will be held in another library in the same region. Libraries may also use other training options like online webinars.
Most Indiana State Library trainings are open to any public library. Space at trainings is not specifically reserved for the host library staff except in cases of annual Staff Days or annual Staff In-services. In most cases, registration is required and is on a first come, first serve basis. Registration closes five (5) business days prior to the event. Many registrations are handled through the ISL’s Calendar of Events. The trainer reserves the right to cancel due to low registration (minimum of four (4) registrations) up to five (5) business days prior to the event.
A maximum of four hours of training may be booked for any one date by any one trainer. If you have more than four hours of training, you will either need to book additional days or book another trainer.
A maximum of four training days may be booked per library system per year. A training day is any day that an Indiana State Library staff member comes to a library to present a training(s) or workshop(s). If two trainers are present at your library on the same date, this counts as two training days. Annual Staff Days or annual Staff In-services are exempt from this requirement. Round-table meetings and Counterparts meetings for multiple libraries addressing library staff with common interests in a single region are exempt from this requirement.
Questions? email: email@example.com