The Indiana State Library is proud to offer kits to help libraries determine if they should invest in new technology, robots or a Virtual Reality program. Kits can remain at your library for a period of up to 30 days so you can test the various components and determine what would be a good fit for your library. The kits can also be used with patrons.
Contact your Regional Coordinator for more information.
Tech Kit (contains 1 of each of the following)
- Bloxels – $50
- Code and Go Robot Mouse Activity Set – $60
- Cubelets – $160
- Dash – (just Dash, no Dot) – $150
- Dash Challenge Cards – $20
- Lego WeDo – $215
- Snap Circuits – $90
- Squishy Circuits – $35
Frequently asked questions:
How much does all this cost?
The State Library has complied a list of current prices to be used as a guideline should your library which to purchase any of the components from either kit. Note, this is just a guideline. Retailers will vary.
How do I incorporate these into library programming?
Below are some websites that ISL staff have found valuable:
- Make It @ Your Library
- Maker Camp
- Hour of Code’s tutorials & activities
- Tickle App – download via app stores to mobile devices and tablets
- Code Cademy
Websites for devices:
- Code and Go Robot Mouse Activity Set – Instruction booklet and tutorials
- Snap Circuits – Sound kit manual, Light kit manual and Bric Structures manual
- Squishy Circuits – project tutorials
- Dash – professional development resources
- Lego WeDo – learn about the app & lesson plans for program ideas
- Star Wars Droid Inventor Kit – Droid Inventor app
- Bloxels – Bloxels EDU website & Makerspace for Education website