The Indiana State Library is proud to offer kits to help libraries determine if they should invest in new technology, robots or a Virtual Reality program. Kits can remain at your library for a period of up to 30 days so you can test the various components and determine what would be a good fit for your library. The kits can also be used with patrons.
Contact your Regional Coordinator for more information.
Oculus Quest 2 Virtual Reality Kit Components:
- 1 set of Oculus Quest 2 Virtual Reality Equipment (including head set, 2 hand controllers, 2 AA batteries, 1 power adapter, and 1 charging wire)
- Downloaded games list on Oculus Quest 2 VR Kit
Frequently asked questions:
How much does all this cost?
The State Library has complied a list of current prices to be used as a guideline should your library wish to purchase any of the components from this kit. Note, this is just a guideline. Retailers will vary.
How do I incorporate these into library programming?
Below are some websites that ISL staff have found valuable.
Where can I get more help?
Below are some YouTube Playlists that ISL staff have found curated to help you with learning the bots:
- Getting Started with Quest 2
- 20 Oculus Quest 2 Tips and Tricks for Beginners – this video discusses purchasing options, this isn’t an option for library staff and patrons
- 10 Oculus Quest 2 – Tips and Tricks for beginners in under 5 minutes
Updated 6-14-2021 pn