Timeline for 2014 InLLA applications
Tuesday, April 1, 2014: Application deadline closed for 2014! Congrats to the incoming cohort!
Tuesday, April 15, 2014: The Professional Development Committee will review all applications. This is a competitive application process.
Wednesday, April 30, 2014: The PD committee will notify applicants of their decision.
Monday, July 21-Friday, July 25 2014: 2014 InLLA cohorts attend week-long leadership training in Central Indiana and are joined by the 2013 InLLA group on Thursday and Friday. More information about the conference is forthcoming and can be found here.
To apply for the Leadership Academy, you will need:
- To complete the InLLA application [Application closed].
- A PDF version of the application is provided for guidance. Only electronic application will be accepted.
- References listed in the application will be emailed a questionnaire by ISL staff that will serve as the letter of recommendation. If you are currently employed, one reference must be your employer. All three (3) letters of recommendation must be received by Emily Schaber at the Indiana State Library, firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than close of business Monday, March 31, 2014.
- $150 investment in the Academy due to ISL by July 31, 2014.
- Ability to travel within the state of Indiana, to include some overnight and weekend stays;
- High speed Internet connection available during the days and times of the webinars and online meetings (most often, M-F, 8 – 4:30); and
- Access to Google Docs or PBwiki
Frequently Asked Questions
- May my library employer cover the cost of my InLLA tuition? YES. You may pay personally or your employer may pay ISL the $150 tuition. Accepted participants will receive an invoice from ISL for the amount of $150. We accept checks and money orders made payable in that amount to Indiana State Library.
- What are the travel requirements? The 2014 InLLA cohort will meet for a week-long series of workshops in Indianapolis from July 21-July 25. Your $150 tuition includes your lodging in a single room, as well as breakfasts and lunches at the hotel (location TBA). There is an expectation that participants will stay overnight each night in the hotel in order to enhance their relationships with their cohort and continue their groups’ momentum.
- I have special housing or other needs. Can you accommodate them? The Indiana State Library will make all reasonable modifications to policies and programs to ensure that people with disabilities have an equal opportunity to enjoy all of its programs, services, and activities. If you require an auxiliary aid or service for effective communication, or a modification of policies or procedures to participate in this program, service, or activity of the Indiana State Library, please contact Emily Schaber (email@example.com or (317) 234-6217) in advance of the event. Alternatively, you can contact Benitta Thornton, the Indiana State Library’s ADA Coordinator, (Room W-161, 402 West Washington Street; Indianapolis, IN 46204; (317) 233-3246; firstname.lastname@example.org). Notice of a needed accommodation should be provided as soon as possible to allow time for the State Library to arrange for the accommodation; however, notice of a needed accommodation must be provided to one of the above contacts no later than 48 hours in advance.
To successfully complete this Leadership Academy, you must:
- Attend two (2) in-person, intensive, multi-day workshops, in July 2014 and July 2015;
- Participate in the virtual community of cohorts, including bimonthly online meetings as well as collaboration on documents;
- Work collaboratively with other group members to plan out (1) InLLA virtual meeting;
- Complete a capstone project which will be determined as part of the program; and
- Commit to a minimum of three (3) years of participation in the program, moving from student (year one), to mentor and speaker (years two and three).