Friday, August 28, 2015: Indiana State Library Certification Task Force Meeting
The second meeting of the 2015 task force to review the Indiana State Library public librarian certification program will be held on Friday, August 28, 2015. There will be a public comment period for individuals who choose to attend this meeting. Final recommendations from the task force will be shared publicly and there will be opportunities in the future to provide feedback on the recommendations.
The task force will convene in Meeting Room A at 10:00 AM at the Avon-Washington Township Public Library. The meeting will conclude by 1:00 PM.
- Updated July 2015: A Detailed Summary of Certification Requirements for Indiana Public Library Professionals
- Application for Certification of Public Librarian (Revised 2014) PDF or Excel form for all temporary and 5-year certificate applications and renewals.
- Application for Library Education Unit Provider (Revised 2014) PDF or Excel form. for libraries and training providers seeking approval of continuing education opportunities for public librarians.
- Updated July 2015: Certification Manual for Indiana Public Library Professionals
- Conference Form Indiana Librarian Conference Form for National and Out-of-State Conferences Approved for Library Education Units. See also Conference & Seminar Providers Approved by ISL for LEUs.
- Find Training Continuing education providers, conferences, and free upcoming webinars approved by ISL for Library Education Units. See also Policies on LEUs.
- Library Science College Courses for LC4 and LC5 This spreadsheet shows the specific college level semester-length Library Science courses required for eligibility for Librarian Certificates 4 and 5. (Eligibility for the Librarian Certificate 6 [LC6] does not include specific college level semester-length Library Science courses. Applicants for the LC6 may complete any 3 college level semester-length Library Science courses of their choosing.)
- Policies on LEUs Including Library Education Units for webinars (Effective December 2012) and in-person workshops and conferences (Effective August 2013).
- Updated August 2015: Renewals & LEU Audits
- Sample LEU Certificate for use by libraries and training providers
Still have unanswered Certification or Library Education Unit questions? We are always happy to help! Email (StatewideServices@library.IN.gov) or call us at 317-234-5650 (Toll-free in Indiana: 866-683-0008).by