Information on the Indiana State Library Public Librarian Certification Program and the task force, including manual, applications, and a link to the Administrative Rule.
- A Detailed Summary of Indiana Public Librarian Certification Requirements (Updated April 2015)
- PDF or Excel Application for Certification of Public Librarian (Revised 2014)
- PDF or Excel Application for Library Education Unit Provider. This form is for libraries and training providers seeking approval of continuing education opportunities for public librarians. MUST BE RECEIVED AT LEAST 30 DAYS BEFORE TRAINING.
- Certification Manual (Updated April 2015)
- Certification Renewal & LEU Audit Information
- Certification Task Force 2007 Meeting Minutes June 18, 2007, August 27, 2007, July 30, 2007, November 7, 2007
- Conference Form (Indiana Librarian Conference Form for National and Out-of-State Conferences Approved for LEUs)
- Find Training (Including Training Providers, Conferences, and Free Upcoming Webinars Approved by ISL for LEUs)
- Librarian Certification Administrative Rule 590
- Library Science College Courses for LC4 and LC5 Applicants for the LC4 and LC5 must complete a set of prescribed courses. The criteria for the LC6 do not include specific courses. Applicants for the LC6 may choose the three Library Science college courses they take.
- Policies on LEUs (Including LEUs for webinars [Effective December 2012] and in-person workshops or conferences [Effective August 2013])
- Sample LEU Certificate
- Summary of Certification Rule (December 2008)
Still have unanswered Certification questions? We are always happy to help! Email (StatewideServices@library.IN.gov) or call us at 317-234-5650 (Toll-free in Indiana: 800-451-6028) any time and we will walk you through it.by