NEW! Have a Quick Question about Certification? View a super short video on our YouTube playlist, Indiana Public Library Certification Questions Answered. Subscribe to the ISL channel so new videos appear in your feed and leave us a question in the comments. One question often leads to another and your colleagues will thank you for asking something they wanted to know too!
- Updated October 2015: 2015 Certification Task Force
- Application for Certification of Public Librarian (Revised 2015) Download the PDF or Word version of this form for all 1-year temporary and 5-year certificate applications and renewals.
- APPLYING FOR LEU APPROVAL: Libraries and other training providers hosting workshops and conferences must complete and submit the Application for Library Education Unit Provider (Revised 2014) PDF or Excel form. Please allow up to 30 days for an approval decision. Contact StatewideServices@library.IN.gov with questions.
- Updated July 2015: Certification Manual for Indiana Public Library Professionals
- Conference Form Indiana Librarian Conference Form for National and Out-of-State Conferences Approved for Library Education Units. See also Policies on LEUs and Training Providers Approved by ISL for LEUs.
- Updated July 2015: A Detailed Summary of Certification Requirements for Indiana Public Library Professionals
- Find Training Continuing education providers, conferences, and free upcoming webinars approved by ISL for Library Education Units. See also Policies on LEUs.
- Google Sheets:
- Updated December 2015: Library Science College Courses for LC4 and LC5 This spreadsheet shows the specific accredited college-level, semester-length Library Science courses required for eligibility for Librarian Certificates 4 and 5. (Eligibility for the Librarian Certificate 6 [LC6] does not include specific college-level, semester-length Library Science courses. Applicants for the LC6 may complete any 3 accredited college-level, semester-length Library Science courses of their choosing.)
- Policies on LEUs There are two policies on LEUs: one for certificates from in-person workshops and conferences (Effective August 2013) and one for certificates from webinars and virtual conferences (Effective December 2012).
- Updated November 2015: Renewals & LEU Audits
- Sample LEU Certificate for use by libraries and training providers
Still have unanswered Certification or Library Education Unit questions? We love to help! Email (StatewideServices@library.IN.gov) or call us at 317-234-5650 (Toll-free in Indiana: 866-683-0008).by