Kymberlee Powe, Children and YA Consultant for the Connecticut State Library Division of Library Development, dives into the makeup of the publishing industry. You will learn how to identify the difference between a diverse collection and an inclusive one, and walk through the logistics of performing a diversity audit of your collection. The examples and resources provided in this session will focus on youth collections; however, the methodology of performing a diversity audit, and the reasons to do so, are universal to all collections.
This presentation is brought to you by the Connecticut State Library, in collaboration with the Indiana State Library, the Library of Michigan, and the State Library of Ohio.
Date Recorded: 12/15/21
Format: Archived YouTube Video
Presenter: Kymberlee Powe, Children and YA Consultant / Connecticut State Library Division of Library Development
- Slides from the webinar can be found here: https://bit.ly/DA_12_21
- Chatbox from the webinar is located here: From Diversity to Inclusion 12.15.21 Chatbox
- Connecticut’s Libguide: Children’s and YA Services: Inclusive Collections
- Kym’s Diversity Audit Template (Excel download)
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: The danger of a single story | TED Talk